Saturday, May 28, 2011

Okey Dokey

So, after much contemplation, I have decided that I'm not going to start from the beginning. I have too many things that are happening right now and trying to play catch-up is just not working. Maybe when I'm chillaxin' at the pool this summer I can find the motivation (and pictures) to work from the beginning, but at this point, we'll just go from the present day.

So the other day was Isla's first solid food- avocado. I'm not a huge fan of the veggie myself (unless in guacamole form and accompanied by a margarita), but it's easily digestible and doesn't seem to upset a baby's tummy too much. Avocados are so much less appealing when pureed to a point where they are unrecognizable as a food that used to be in a solid state. We mixed it with a little breast milk to thin it out and that made it a nice apple sauce-like consistency.

We should have known that it would be a piece of cake getting Isla started on solid foods. She has been so easy since the day she was born, how could this be any different. And it wasn't. With tiny spoon in hand, Heather put the first little bit into Isla's mouth. It was easy to get it in, because any time anything comes close to Isla's mouth, it's inevitable that said object will be going into Isla's mouth. So Isla opens and closes her mouth a few times expecting to get some sort of milk substance, I suppose, and then pauses for a second and seems to get a confused look on her face. She then continues to open and close her mouth while occasionally sticking her tongue out. No crying. No fussing. I know I'm biased about my daughter, but she has got to win some kind of award for being the best baby in the world. Does Guinness  have a category for that?

So we got a few more spoonfuls into Isla's mouth and she just continued to chomp away and make a mess of her face. Afterward, she decided that she needed a little exfoliating in her "T" area so she smeared a little up between her eyebrows and onto her forehead. I wish I had some sort of "OMG, I can't believe she just did that!" story, but this is our life....a perfect little child. Sheesh. How did we get so lucky?


2 comments:

  1. You and H are so lucky to have a beautiful and wonderful baby like Isla. She is just simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, darlin! We can't believe how lucky we got.

    ReplyDelete