Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Decisions

So I have been thinking about going back to school. Jeez...I never thought I would actually say those words out loud and mean it. It's not that I don't like my current profession, because I really do. It's something new every day, I enjoy the people that I work with but I am probably the most bored that I have ever been in my life. I guess I should say that every day is different when something actually happens- I'm an athletic trainer and for the most part, we sit around and wait for an injury to happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I don't have a lot of kids getting hurt, but I just don't feel like I'm being challenged enough in my current position....not to mention that I don't make a lot of $ doing it. And that would be completely fine to not make a lot of money doing something that you completely love- I would never want a job simply because of the money.

My next step is going to be trying to get into PA school, which I hear is very hard. I am hopeful, however, because I have already gotten my Masters and I have quite a bit of work experience in the healthcare industry. I am also going to wait about a year to apply to make sure that I have all of my ducks in a row, crossed the t's and dotted the i's (blah, blah, blah). But I have to admit that I am very nervous...not just about going back to school, but about what my wife and I are going to do. We made it through grad school ok, but I think this may be a little more difficult with the amount of time I have to put into studying. Add to that this wonderful economic climate we're in and you can probably see where most of my worry lies. Which is another reason why I need to wait a year to apply. I wouldn't want to apply now, get into school, quit my job and then 2 months later have my wife lose her job.

So I guess for right now I'll just get as much information as I can about school and then see where I stand a year from now. Hopefully everything will go as planned because while I may be really nervous, I'm just as equally excited about the prospect of having a career that will use my full potential.

Here is one of our fur children

No comments:

Post a Comment