Thursday, June 3, 2010

Big surprise!

I figured I could post this on here since my wife posted it on her blog (which means I won't get in trouble)...we're pregnant! My wife thought it was going to take longer to conceive and I thought it was taking FOREVER! We found out about 8 weeks ago and have already been in to see the doctor and have our first ultrasound. We were able to see the heartbeat, which was an incredible feeling. When we took our first pregnancy test this time around, I wasn't too optimistic. We did the test at around day 10 - a little earlier than the recommended 12-15 days - but we were too antsy to wait any longer. Of course, I didn't see anything and went about finishing the house cleaning that I had started. "I see a line!" (wife) "Yeah, but it's BARELY there...you have to hold it at an angle to see it.." (me). Well, as it turns out, "a line is a line". 

So January 15th is our estimated due date. I am so happy and thankful that we're pregnant, but at the same time I'm also bummed because we won't be able to go home for Christmas. We have never missed a Christmas with our families and it's going to be hard to accept that when the time rolls around. Maybe we'll get some visitors from back home to come down here, but I'm not sure if that will happen. I suppose we'll just have to make the best of it and think of it as our first Christmas as a family. We haven't told our families yet because we wanted to be able to do it in person. So next month we're flying home for my little sister's (my wife's little sister) graduation party. We're trying to think of a creative way to tell them, so if anyone has any ideas let us know! We have told a few friends, but I knew we would....unfortunately, I didn't think we were going to tell one in particular because she has close ties with the family and I'm not sure she can keep it a secret long enough....but she kept asking my wife if she wanted a drink, and after about the sixth time of my wife refusing, she asked if my wife was pregnant - to which my wife replied "...uuuhhhhh....don't tell ANYONE!" Haha. I think that caught my wife a little off guard. So, hopefully we can sneak around our friends for the next few weeks and then make it home to tell the family....a tall order.

No comments:

Post a Comment