Tuesday, June 1, 2010

PA school is already hard....

...and I haven't even applied yet! I have figured out what school I would like to attend and what prerequisites I need to fulfill prior to applying. Because of certain circumstances (of which I will divulge at a later time), my wife and I are firmly planted where we live and I will be applying to just one PA school. Fortunately, it is one of the top PA schools in the nation- which makes me excited and very nervous at the same time. Who am I kidding, though? All I have is time and there is never a bad time to go back to school. What happens if I don't get in? I apply the year after. I feel like I have found a career that really allows me to use all of my abilities and also gives me the freedom to have a life outside of work.

As of right now, I think having that freedom is what is most important to me. Working as an athletic trainer is great, but continually having to give up your weekends and holidays is starting to wear a little thin. Not to mention that the pay is not all that great. So I guess I'm just going to keep plugging away for right now and get my stuff together so that I'm not scrambling around later when it comes time to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment