Saturday, June 12, 2010

3 1/2 more weeks!

I don't know if my wife and I are going to be able to hold out the news of our pregnancy to our friends. For, what seems like the millionth time, my wife was almost called out in front of everyone because someone asked if she was pregnant. We are trying to wait until we tell our family before telling our friends, but each passing day (and each drink passed on) makes our friends more and more curious. And on top of all of this, we are going to a friends lake house for the 4th and that typically ends up being a 36 hour drinking game (with a few moments of clarity here and there). Hopefully I can distract everyones' attention away from my wife while we're there....I don't think we're going to make it another 3 weeks. My wife is going to be pretty upset if all of our friends here find out before we can tell our families. But even though she'll be upset, I'm pretty sure that she'll understand how hard it was to keep it from them....on to other news....

Had a student athletic trainer workshop allllllll day long. It was actually quite fun. This was the first time that I had to get up and teach something in a classroom-like setting. I don't think I did too bad. I usually get pretty nervous talking in front of large groups and end up with a bad case of the "um's" and "like's". I think held both to a minimum today and the kids seemed like they had a pretty decent time....I only saw one girl dozing off :o)  It was really good to get something like that under my belt so I know how to improve it for next year and to work on my communication skills a little more...I just need to learn to be a little more concise when I talk- tend to ramble a bit when I get nervous. Hopefully this will be something else that I can put on my resume when I am interviewing for PA school....crap, just remembered that I have to take a picture of my wife's stomach tonight....I'll try to be more proactive with the whole "blogging" thing....not that anyone is paying attention anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment