Friday, April 29, 2011

Layout

Not much happening this evening. Heather was tired and decided to crash a little early tonight. Isla has been asleep for a few hours. And the cheese stands alone (with the exception of a whiny dog). Just decided to jump on here and fiddle with the layout/background/etc. I originally created this blog with the anticipation that I would instantly have 300K followers and monetize the blog so I could quit my job and just be a stay-at-home dad. I think after the second day and having only one follower (myself....and that was an accident- not sure how you're able to *follow* yourself), I pretty much gave up on keeping up with the blog. I have now found a renewed sense focus that will keep me going (hopefully) and it's something that's very important to me- my daughter. <---so now that I've written that, I'd feel horrible if I didn't keep up with the blog.

So the layout...I decided that with all of the little "gadgets" that you have to put on your page in order to "monetize" it, it looked really ugly. I like the clean look of some of the blogs that I've come across and I think I like the non-commercialized look a little better. I'm sure I'll still play around with the background until I find something I truly love, but this will do for now. I have so much that I'd like to post, but I think I first need to sit down and figure out some sort of time line so my posts have at least a slight semblance of continuity. Feel free to leave a comment on what websites you thought were helpful in putting together your blog....and on a side not, I think I make one helluva lasagna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment